The Top 3 reasons to Develop Your Competitive Edge:
- Articulate the problems you solve . . . value you bring . . . why do business with you
- Competitive Edge statements can be repurposed throughout your marketing and sales process
- Provides the opportunity for your customers to buy and clients to engage
Have you ever felt like you need to think or work too hard, start from scratch, or reinvent the wheel when you are creating content for your branding, prospecting, marketing, or sales process? Do you dread creating online profiles for information about your business, filling in form requests with details about your target market, products and services, value you bring or problems you solve, deciding what to post on social media, or write in blogs? If you answered “YES” to either of these questions, it’s time to Develop Your Competitive Edge.
Here are the 4 steps to Develop Your Competitive Edge:
- Describe your Ideal Client / Target Market (Demographics/Psychographics)
- Competitive Analysis: Identify your Target Market’s / Ideal Client’s Problems
- Trend Analysis: What is your Target Market hearing? What are best practices?
- Develop your Competitive Edge > You and Your Business Value
Consider how you bring value to Individuals / Families / Businesses / Teams / Communities Strategic Partners / Stakeholders based upon your Target Market and Ideal Client.
Remember . . .
~ Peter Drucker
“Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it.
It is what the client or customer gets out of it”
As entrepreneurs, business owners, commissioned professionals, direct sales, and network marketers, this can be an arduous task, as we want it done quickly and right the first time (me included). The way to develop your Competitive Edge is to brainstorm, draft, edit, and reflect. One of my areas of value, or Competitive Edge, is being able to pull the words and thoughts out of your head, heart, and soul and help you gather them from your notes, post-its, journals, etc. in an effort NOT to reinvent the wheel. You are welcome to DIY . . . Go For It! If you’re interested in engaging with me to develop your Competitive Edge, let’s plan a time to chat.